Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Peace Out Ft. Worth

PM (last night): 27 mins
3.5 miles
AM:70 mins
9+ miles

This morning was unusually cool and crisp, and I headed out early from my parents' hotel to run with my dad before they took me to the airport. We did an out and back on the river trail, but a different section of the trail than I normally run on. Ran from the Courtyard Marriott down to where it dead ends at Southwest Blvd. and then came back. I ran with my dad on the way out, comfortably at 7:30-7:40 pace, then picked it up a bit on the turn-around and came home in 7:10-7:15 pace. The only thing of note was that apparently a herd of cattle got loose on the trail and were casually meandering around while cyclists and runners dodged them. Only in Texas, I suppose.

Forgot to mention I got in a quick evening jaunt last night while waiting for my parents to arrive. Felt surprisingly good for a PM run, which usually leave me feeling either a) heavy and lethargic or b) dizzy and lightheaded. I could've gone farther but my parents had instructed me to be ready for dinner the moment they arrived, so I had to cut it short.

Nicole and I at Piedmont Park
Ignore whatever is going on with my hair.

Unrelated, what an amazing night of running at the Trials last night! Even my parents stayed up past 9pm to watch. I was stoked to see my friend Nicole Teter make the team in the 800. She's battled through quite a few injuries over the years and this was to be her last attempt to make the team, so I'm ecstatic for her.

0 comments: