Saturday, July 19, 2008

The More the Merrier

AM: 61 mins
8 miles
PM: 40 mins
5+ miles

Today I had the pleasure of enjoying not one, but two runs with other people. I've grown so accustomed to running alone that I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy having company. This morning I ran with Drew and Ryan, two guys from Fleet Feet Nashville, along Belle Meade Boulevard near Percy Warner Park. We did two four-mile circuits out and back on the gently rolling (but much flatter than the park) streets. The temperature was tolerable, as we started well before 7am, but the humidity was pretty unbearable by the end.

In the evening I ran with Taylor, a cool chick from Fleet Feet Murfreesboro, after an event I worked at their store. We ran an easy out and back on a local greenway and had a thoroughly enjoyable conversation. She ran xc at Vanderbilt and was also a concert violinist there, and we seem to share quite a few similar interests.

Since Jordan is flying in tonight and staying for a lengthy visit, I'm looking forward to a week that involves fewer miles and more flapjacks than those of recent memory. My legs feel decently recovered from this week's early workouts, so as of now I'm saying the 8k race simulation is a go for the morning. Might as well get it out of the way and enjoy the rest of the week.

0 comments: