Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Back to the ATL

AM: 58 mins
8 miles
PM: 25 mins
3+ miles


View of Atlanta skyline (and my favorite house!)
from the Freedom Trail

First run back in Atlanta, and it could not have been a more beautiful day. With low humidity and temperatures in the 70s, it felt more like fall (my favorite season) than the middle of summer. I set off from Brooke's condo (where I'm staying until the movers arrive with my belongings on Monday) and headed down the Freedom Trail, up Ponce, then hopped back on the trail as it meandered through Candler Park. From there I wound through the neighborhoods, up McLendon by Flying Biscuit and then right on Moreland through Little Five Points. I finished up on the trail back to Brooke's.

PS Would it be lame to say I might have teared up a bit on the run? I simply could not be happier to be back here.

In the evening, after spending a few hours dressed up like a cheerleader at the Atlanta airport (feel free to message me with questions/comments/concerns), I headed out for another short wog on the trail. Ran out in 13, back in 12, and called it a day. My legs felt decent, but I can already tell that it's going to be an adjustment getting used to the hilly terrain around here again.

0 comments: