Friday, July 18, 2008

Percy Warner Park

AM: 52 mins
7 miles
PM: 35 mins
4.5 miles

After arriving in Nashville around 11:30 last night and getting up at 6 for my run, I was feeling a bit sluggish. That feeling got fun-forced out of me once I embarked on the extremely hilly trails in Percy Warner Park. The trails are beautiful and entirely shaded, and it was refreshing to finish a run without dripping sweat everywhere, but the rolling hills proved quite challenging for an "easy" run. I would've enjoyed going farther, but I had to actually work this morning, so I turned around at 27 minutes and closed in 25. I plan to find a greenway near my hotel for my evening run, as I could use something flatter to help speed my recovery from this week's early workouts.


One of the trails in Percy Warner Park

Thanks to directions from a guy at Fleet Feet, I located a greenway in Brentwood that was nice and flat for my evening run. Some cyclists and runners had worn away a dirt trail next to the paved path, so I stuck to that for most of the run. My legs don't feel terribly sore anymore, just heavy. I'm fine as long as I keep moving, but the second I stop running I can't imagine ever starting again. I may come back to the greenway for my morning run tomorrow, in order to spend more time on the flatter surfaces, but I also got an invite to join a Fleet Feet group run at Percy Warner. Will my desire to interact with other human beings take precedence over my weary legs? Stay tuned to find out. I'll make a game time decision in the morning.


0 comments: