Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Speed Play

20 min w/u (2.5 miles)
30x30 secs on/30 secs off
16 min c/d (2 miles)
Total: 10 miles

I was anxious to redeem myself from the debacle at the track on Saturday, and I hoped this workout would do the trick. I decided to use Piedmont Park as the setting because it's mostly flat. The air was cool as I headed over to the park, and as soon as I reached the Active Oval I launched right into my first interval. I did the first set of 10, jogged around a few minutes to recover, then did the next set on another loop in the park. Took a five minute break after the second set, then jumped back onto the Oval. I did half of the last set on the Oval and half of it in the park, and I felt great. The difference between how I felt today and how I felt on Saturday was, to use a cliche, like night and day. I actually enjoyed myself during this workout and was pleased with how the legs were turning over. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Since I didn't have a double on the sched today, I went for a long walk in the evening with Brooke and Biscuit. We met at Freedom and Moreland and walked down the Freedom Trail and back. Probably ended up with four miles or so.

0 comments: