Monday, August 31, 2009

A Breakthrough at the Apple

AM: 30 mins. ellip.
20 mins. core
25 mins. pool
PM: Chiro

I was at the fitness center doors at 7:30am daring it to be closed, but to my shock and awe it actually appeared to have opened a few minutes early. As a result, I was able to bang out some quality time before heading to morning core and pool practice.

In the afternoon I planned on exercising again, but my appointment at the Apple proved prohibitive. The good doctor tried acupuncture on me for the first time, and apparently you're not supposed to exercise afterward, so just like that I had a legit excuse for bagging the PM effort. Today was also the first time he enlisted a machine called the Power Vibe (which, as a side note, is a phrase I wouldn't recommend googling from your work computer). Before I hopped on, he told me that the vibrations of the machine were such that if I do indeed have a fracture I would feel distinct pain, so both of us were pretty excited and relieved when I did not. This all but rules out the possibility of a stress fracture and offers me a dose of much-needed optimism for the week ahead.

0 comments: