Sunday, August 23, 2009

Raise Your Hand If You're Tired of Unpacking

AM: ~5 hours of unpacking/moving/walking to and from the Dumpster
PM: 45 mins. elliptical

Just by looking at the numbers, it doesn't seem like I got a lot done today in terms of exercise. However, I would beg to differ. In fact, I would like to propose that "moving" (alternate moniker: "unpacking") should be officially recognized as, if not a sport, then at least a relatively strenuous physical activity. Bonus points for living above the ground floor. Double bonus points if you're doing it almost entirely solo.

The morning started bright and early at 6:15 with the rude awakening of my alarm. Jordan wanted to go meet the team for their 7am long run, so after dropping him off at McAlpine I headed back home to get started on the dirty work. I spent literally the next 3 consecutive hours unpacking (with the assistance of a steady drip of coffee), took a break to pick him up, and then got right back at it. I lost count of how many trips I made downstairs to the Dumpster and back but my quads certainly did not. By mid-afternoon the place was looking somewhat respectable (if very, very crowded), so I left Jordan in charge while I departed for a mandatory team meeting and, finally, some exercise. I was too exhausted to do more than the 45 minutes outlined above, but I'm hopeful that I can attempt to run tomorrow for the first time in a week. We'll see. For now...well, I've got more unpacking to do.

P.S. If anyone wants to break into our apartment and make off with, say, about 30 pairs of Jordan's shoes, I'll let you know where I keep the spare key.

0 comments: