Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week in Review

41-42 miles
3.5 days at 5,500 ft.
2.5 hours pool
2 days off
6 AFDs

As far as training weeks go, I'd rank this one as fairly dramatic. I mean, throw in a combination of driving cross-country in the middle of the night, passing out post-run and virtually maiming myself running down the mountain, and you've got quite the exciting week. At least it's entertaining for my loyal readers, I suppose.


Ah, memories. This is where we were last Sunday night.

Obviously the objective for next week is: Be. Smart. And I promise, I will try my little heart out. If it means taking the entire week off and spending it cross-training, then (sigh) I suppose I will do it. But perhaps it won't come to that; we'll just have to play it by ear. For now I know at least the first few days I'll be relegated to the pool, and I'm okay with that. It was much harder to take days off when we were in the mountains and the sole purpose of being there was to run. Back in the heat and humidity of Charlotte, to be honest, I don't mind taking a break.

0 comments: