Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

AM: 20 mins. (2.5 miles) + Stretching
PM: 48 mins. (6.5 miles)

It's hard to believe that today marks the one year anniversary of my move to Charlotte. In some ways it seems like just yesterday Jeff and I were heaving my futon mattress over the balcony of my Atlanta apartment and loading up his truck with the remainder of my belongings. Yet so much has happened in the past year that it almost feels as though it were a lifetime ago. A few things I've done in the past 365 days include: ran my first indoor and outdoor track seasons; got injured, then healthy, then injured again; completed two semesters of grad school; said goodbye to Jeffrey as he left for greener pastures; driven to and from Oklahoma with Jordan in a Mini full of everything I owned; said hello to Jordan as he (finally!) moved here in August; entertained visits from my parents, Jordan's dad and my bestie Brooke; laughed and cried; and gone for a few runs. In the past year I've traveled near and far to exotic locales like Tennessee, NYC, DC, Vancouver, Cincinnati, Indiana, California, Texas, Oklahoma and Florida. I've met people I never would've known otherwise, experienced amazing highs and disappointing lows, and made friends I hold dear to my heart. It's a year I wouldn't trade for anything.

One of the friends I've made is Tanya, who was my roomie last spring in what we dubbed The Prison (actually the off-campus Queens apartments). In fact, last January 14th was our first run together; and, since she arrived back in Charlotte last night from her extended Christmas break, our run today was somewhat of an anniversary celebration. I'm excited to have my friend back and eager to get in some training together this spring. Seeing as she just ran 21:48 at the New Year's Eve 4-miler in New York, I wouldn't mind having some of her speed rub off on me!

0 comments: