Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Belated Title

Tuesday, 1/5: Off

Wednesday, 1/6
AM: 51 mins. (7 miles)
Chiro
PM: 3 miles
15 mins. core/stretching

Tuesday was completely off due to travel. Jordan and I tried to fit in some extra credit, rising before 5am to hit up the fitness center, but turns out the doors don't unlock until 6. Not cool. Approximately 12 hours later we found ourselves touching down in Charlotte and being accosted by the bitterly cold temperatures. Remind me why we left California??

Wednesday morning I met Jenna at McAlpine for a nice catch-up jog. I haven't seen her in almost three weeks so it was great to put in a few miles while swapping stories of our warm holidays back West. The only thing that wasn't great was my leg. It's looking like the cold weather is kryptonite for my shin splints, and I need to figure out some way to get this issue cleared up. The trip to Greenapple post-run helped, but things still didn't feel quite normal on my afternoon jog. Needless to say, I'm growing increasingly frustrated. I guess I need to be super vigilant with the heat/ice/ibuprofen/stretching regimen that worked so well for me the past few weeks.

0 comments: