Saturday, January 16, 2010

Busy Saturday

AM: 30 mins. yoga/core
PM: 41 mins. (5.5 miles)

For the second weekend in a row, we had a pretty busy Saturday at Run For Your Life. By the end of the workday I was tired and grumpy (probably hungry too) and not super excited about running. The sky was darkening almost as quickly as my mood, and I knew that if Jordan and I didn't head out the door immediately it would be both too late and too rainy to salvage the evening. And so, away we went for a Freedom Park loop.

I don't have much to report about this run except my legs were killing me. I attribute this partly to yesterday's workout but mostly to my own stupidity. I'd opted to throw on a pair of shoes that I knew were done, and less than a mile into the run I could practically hear my legs chastising me. Fortunately the pace was easy and the conversation was lively, so I managed to soldier on. I actually even enjoyed the light drizzle, believe it or not.

0 comments: