Thursday, January 28, 2010

Twice in a Row

AM: 57 mins. (~8 miles)
PM: 3 miles + strength

Yup, you're reading the title correctly. For the second day in a row, we managed to drag ourselves out of bed and complete our entire run before the sun came up. I'm beginning to think we could actually make this into a weekly routine (but don't hold me to that just yet...baby steps). And I will say that while the whole "waking up" process still sucks, I've noticed that I have more energy throughout the day on the days I've gotten up early. During times when I expected to be tired and dragging, I've been surprisingly awake and alert. Further, I've started feeling better during the early runs as well. Today we finished up with a noticeably faster clip than the previous two runs I've done with the CRC group, but my legs had no problem responding. I hate to say it, but I think I might be getting hooked on this early morning business.

I didn't necessarily need to double this afternoon but couldn't resist the opportunity to spend a few minutes outside in short sleeves and shorts in the unseasonably pleasant weather. It's hard to reconcile the 60-degree temperatures with the knowledge that we're bracing for a huge (relatively speaking) winter storm within the next 24 hours. I'm hoping to complete a late-morning workout tomorrow before things get rough, then settle in with a warm beverage and some reading for the rest of the day. Bring it, Mother Nature.

0 comments: