Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going the Extra Mile

73 mins. (10 miles)

My day started when I awoke at 8:30 to Jordan standing over me and taunting, "I just ran 20 miles. What have you done today?" He's always showing off.

When I did get around to running--10am practice with the team at McAlpine--it pretty much sucked. It was rainy, McAlpine was a soggy mess, and my legs were tired and confused and more than slightly put out about having to run the day after an unusually hard effort. If it weren't for Jenna and Jess to keep me company, I would've really been hating life. Instead my hatred was moderate at worst. The silver lining was that, believe it or not, this is the longest run I've done since before I got injured in the fall. For some reason I've been stuck on a 9-mile plateau, but today I really overachieved.

Time to settle in with a warm cup of coffee and some homework. Ah, the perfect Sunday afternoon.

0 comments: