Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!



AM: 3+ miles
~10 minute walk
PM: 61 mins.
8 miles

My first thought in the new year was, "Sweet Lord, every single part of my body hurts." My legs were throbbing from the drills/workout. Everything from my shoulders to arms to lower back was absolutely wasted from the Wii--no joke. And my head was a bit achy from one too many glasses of Brea's finest vino at the Yard House. All in all, I was in pretty rough shape.



Thankfully neither Jordan nor Jilane were too eager to bounce out the door for a run, so we grabassed around until well after 11am before heading out for the slowest and most painful wog ever. We just did a basic out-and-back from Jilane's parents' house which culminated up a monster hill. Since we passed the requisite 3-mile mark fairly early in the ascent, Jilane and I were content with stopping at the first stop sign and walking it in the rest of the way. We meandered through the neighborhood for a few minutes to take in the gorgeous day before taking it back home.



After a delicious leisurely afternoon that included laying out by the pool, watching football and dozing, we headed out for our second (and hopefully less excruciating) run of the day. Again, we did an out and back from Jilane's parents' house and picked up the pace a bit as each of us found our groove. My stomach had been quite unsettled all afternoon for no good reason, so I was a bit apprehensive about how the run would play out, but I ended up feeling better by the end. We ran up the entire hill this time instead of wussing out and felt pretty good about ourselves. After that we enjoyed a delicious home-cooked meal prepared by Jilane's mom and then retired for an early bedtime. I can't think of a better way to have spent the first day of the new year.

0 comments: