Tuesday, January 6, 2009

All By Myself

AM: 4 miles
PM: 57 mins + strides, drills
~8 miles

After a delayed flight and, consequently, late arrival back to the ATL last night I was understandably sluggish this morning. Add to that my burgeoning cold, which I first noticed Sunday and is now raging, and I was in a pretty sad state. Oh, and it was warm and muggy and drizzly and gross outside. Yucko bucko. All this meant I didn't get out the door until well after 10 for my morning run.

In the afternoon I was supposed to work out, but I was too runny/stuffy/sneezy to seriously consider it. On the one hand I know I need to improve my fitness and soon, but on the other hand the last thing I need right now is to push myself too hard and end up feeling worse for the next few weeks. So, with that in mind, I set out for an easy afternoon run around 4:30. I decided that if I felt decent toward the end I would throw in some strides and drills. I decided to stop along St. Charles Ave. around 53 minutes, as the street is mostly flat and wide and not too far from my house. I did all the familiar drills plus the hopping/calf hurting drill and a few strides, then finished up the run with a few easy minutes back home. Nothing much else to say about the run except that after running for 10 days with Jordan and a few days with my dad before that, this solo outing seemed quite boring.

0 comments: