Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week in Review

78-79 miles
900 trips up and down the stairs
1 new car
1 discarded futon

This was a pretty chaotic week, but a solid block of training nonetheless. I'm pretty excited to have some new training partners, including but not limited to Jeff (as long as it's less than 8 miles) and Tanya (until she kicks it into another gear and leaves me behind). Seriously though, being in Charlotte in an environment that's completely focused on my training is huge. I know the whole "school" component is going to throw a wrench in things beginning next week, but since I only have night classes I'm hoping I can still use the bulk of the day for running, core, stretching, napping, etc. Given my recent vehicle purchase all signs point to me needing a part-time job, but I'm going to wait a month or so and allow myself to get comfortable in a routine before committing to anything. With that said, feel free to send any donations my way if you would like to assist with the "Meagan is ridiculously, indescribably poor" fund.

So, running-wise, I can definitely see my fitness coming around. Friday's tempo gave me some confidence, as did the longer threshold effort today, and I'm pleased to find it relatively easy to maintain mileage in the 75-80 range. Hopefully the temperature will warm up a tad next week and facilitate some more comfortable outings, but overall I can't complain.

0 comments: