Saturday, January 17, 2009

Green Lightning Driving

62-63 mins.
8-8.5 miles

This morning I took in a recovery jaunt with Jeffrey from his pad. He bested his previous 5-mile record run by putting in a solid 7 miles today. We jogged down to the now familiar Freedom Park via the Sugar Creek greenway and put in a few laps on the bike path. On one out and back section he stopped for a stretching break (clearly I was absolutely destroying him), so I put in about 10
minutes solo before rejoining him. Temps were still in the 20s this morning, but with little wind and plenty of sunshine it felt downright pleasant. Additionally, as I discovered this morning, another benefit to the frigid weather is I can wear the same running outfit three days in a row because I still have yet to sweat while wearing it. Bonus!



And now, as for the exciting news to which I alluded yesterday, I BOUGHT A CAR! Green Lightning Running, meet Green Lightning Driving. I'm pretty ridiculously excited, given that this is my first vehicle purchase ever (and really my first substantial purchase of any kind). I'm also slightly scared/depressed/nauseous because for the first time in my adult life I can unequivocally say that I am poor. Still, you can't really put a price on not having to drive around with a flaming Brian Sell.

0 comments: