Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh Crap I Forgot a Title

AM: 4 miles + strides, drills
PM: 62 mins.
8+ miles

I was slated to meet Meredith this morning for a reunion run of sorts down at the river, but she had a fitful night of sleep and decided to postpone. She had the day off work so we agreed to meet around 4pm. Since I now had the morning free, I decided it would be prudent to put in a few easy miles. I suppose I could've gone off in search of this guy's house, since apparently he lives in my neighborhood...maybe tomorrow. Instead I stopped off at the familiar spot on St. Charles
Ave. and did some strides and drills before heading home.


Street musician who is an afternoon/evening fixture on the
corner of St. Charles

The afternoon run with Meredith was well worth the wait, as it was a beautiful day to be at the river. We had a great time catching up and running in the trails, and I was pleased to notice that my legs felt stronger than they usually do on the toughest hilly sections. I think my fitness is starting to come around, which is more than a little exciting. I capped off the evening by watching the Sooners die a horrible death in the BCS championship game at Jeff Campbell's house and offering up a heartfelt rendition of "Livin' On a Prayer" during the halftime Rock Band extravaganza.

0 comments: