Thursday, January 15, 2009

Please Forgive Me, Jilane

AM: ~20-25 mins. core
60 mins.
8 miles

This morning I met more girls on the team at our 7am core session in the campus fitness center. It was absolutely freezing outside--though not as cold as Jordan's 5 degrees, so I suppose I shouldn't complain--and the walk from the parking lot to the fitness center was brutal. So was the workout, for that matter. It's one of those things that didn't feel at all difficult at the time but worked some underused muscles, which means I'll probably be in serious pain tomorrow.

After the workout Jeff and I tooled around campus to get my student ID card, books, etc. Turns out that our tuition covers the cost of books so I got over $400 worth for free! Had Jeff known that he might've actually purchased his books last semester and passed his classes. The NYTimes reported today that universities are spending less on students, including those in masters programs, but so far I'm not complaining.

Later this morning I ventured out for an easy run from Jeff's place. He lives about half a mile from a decent greenway so I hooked up with that and then followed it to Freedom Park. The park was large enough and contained all the elements of a good park: bathrooms, water f
ountains, a bike path and plenty of other people. I explored and did a few loops before heading back the way I came. Though the sun was shining brightly, the wind was still whipping around and it was not warm by any stretch of the imagination.


The bike path surrounds this "lake" in Freedom Park

I was supposed to double in the evening, but after a lengthy compliance class and Jeff's late arrival from practice we scrapped it in favor of another free meal in the dining hall. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

1 comments:

Jilane said...

Just because Brooke's there doesn't mean you get off the hook...

WHERE'S THE TITLE!?!?!?

(Plus I can't let Jordan down.)