Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hitting the Books

AM: 49 mins.
6.5 miles
25 mins. pool
PM: Homework?!?!

This morning I enjoyed a recovery run with Blake down the bike path and through Freedom Park. The pace and conversation flowed naturally, and the run almost ended too quickly. Blake leaves Monday to head back to Colorado Springs and I gotta say, I'm gonna miss this kid. He and I hit it off pretty much instantly upon his arrival last Monday and have spent a solid amount of quality time together throughout the week. It's rare to genuinely call someone a friend after knowing them for such a short time, but that's certainly the case here and I hope our paths cross again soon. After the run we did some extra credit (as Jilane would say) and headed up to school to do some easy pool jogging. I'm still not a convert, but after listening to Blake and Jeff discuss all the recovery benefits I've decided to be more open minded.

This afternoon I had...homework. Kind of weird considering I haven't read school textbooks in many moons. This is definitely going to take some getting used to, but fortunately I was productive this afternoon and got a good jump start on next week's assignments. It felt strange not to double in the afternoon but I knew my body needed to rest after yesterday's workout, so I forced myself to remain planted on the couch and immersed in my reading. I know, I know, such an overachiever.

0 comments: