Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freedom Park Double

AM: 73 min.
10 miles
PM: 4 miles

Overall the legs felt much improved from yesterday, which is a relief considering I will run my first track race in roughly 36 hours. The air was cool and crisp and the sun shined brightly all day, so both of my outings were quite pleasant. For my longer run I basically ran down the greenway to Freedom Park, ran three big loops and then returned the way I came. The third loop started to get monotonous, but the park is still enough of a novelty to be enjoyable so I didn't mind.

In the afternoon Jeff and I moved most of my clothes to my new off-campus apartment residence which I have not-so-affectionately dubbed "The Prison" because of its stark furnishings and brick walls. It's not exactly what I envisioned for my spring accomodations but it will do. I mean, it could be worse. At least the place is already furnished...otherwise I might be sleeping on a yoga mat like Jordan.

0 comments: