Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week in Review

78 miles
2 core sessions
3 new pairs of Oxy Socks
12 fast food sandwiches consumed (only one by me)
6 days until my first track meet

I'm pretty sure I said this last Sunday, but this definitely caps off my best week of training in quite some time. I kept the mileage at a comfortable level while still getting in three reasonably hard efforts. The 2x3 mile on Friday was the highlight of the week, although finishing up today's long run with a bit of pep in my step was also a pleasant surprise. I had a blast hanging out with Jeff and Blake all week and will be sad to see Blake leave in the morning, but I'm sure we will cross paths at a few meets this spring.

Speaking of meets, I will compete in my season opener next Saturday at East Tennessee State. Given that I've never seen much less run on an indoor track before, Jeff just wants me to get my feet wet and get a feel for the whole experience. For that reason I'm running the 3k instead of the 5k, which will be my ultimate indoor focus. Also, because he wants to embarrass me in front of the entire team, I will be giving the 800 a go as well. I'm skeptical about beating my high school PR but nonetheless I will set that as a goal. Regardless, I'm looking forward to kicking off the season and am eager to get a gauge on my current fitness.

0 comments: