Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week in Review

75-76 miles
2 quality workouts
4 different cities (Santa Rosa, Palm Springs, Brea, San Diego)
3 entire days of Team MJ togetherness
1 fantastic New Year's Eve

This week was pretty much awesome. Not necessarily from a running perspective (although that wasn't bad either), but just having the opportunity to visit with so many great friends. Obviously I loved spending the entire week with Jordan and several consecutive days with Jilane, but I also enjoyed spending New Year's with a former coworker (Jake) and fellow Horned Frog (his fiance Erin) and reuniting with another fellow Horned Frog and French class alum last night (Amy, San Diego's finest "hot cop"), and of course spending time with Jordan's family. I'm also excited to be typing this entry on my brand new super cute laptop computer, which Jordan and I ordered online last week (and he liked it so much he ordered one too!).


His and hers: I'll let you guess which one of us owns the pink one

Unfortunately, this party train pulls into the station tomorrow. Jordan departs for Oklahoma and I'm headed back to Atlanta, although not for long. Tomorrow begins the whirlwind of packing, moving, finding someplace to move to, finding someone to move into my old apartment, buying a car, etc etc. Oh yeah, and starting grad school and running indoor track in less than a month. Things are about to get very, very real in my world, but I'm pretty excited about it. This vacation was a wonderful way to bid farewell to 2008 and usher in 2009 in style, and I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

0 comments: