Sunday, January 11, 2009

Farewell Group Run

120 mins.
15-16 miles

I had a fabulous long run today with Jim, Meredith and Ashley at the river. Ashley picked me up at 8:30 to carpool for the drive, and we met the other two just before 9:00. Ashley was attempting her longest run ever and I realized this would be my longest run since MCM (sad, I know), so we all agreed to keep the pace slow and easy. We embarked on a circuitous route that kind of took us everywhere--started out on the flat loop, ran all the way out Columns Drive, did a few loops in the trails on the other side of Johnson Ferry, came back down Columns, did a short loop up in our usual trails, then finished on the flats. My legs felt great the entire time and had I been alone I would've pushed the pace, but the company and conversation definitely made it worth my while to relax and keep things slow.

After the run we headed straight to the Flying Biscuit for what very well might end up being my farewell brunch. A cold front was blowing in and the temperature was lower than when we began the run, so were eager to get inside for some coffee and sustenance. After stuffing our respective faces we deemed the entire outing a rousing success.

0 comments: