Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week in Review

80 miles
1 delay at O'Hare
3 people to keep me company on my long run
98 trips to and from the dumpster

For a week that started out sniffly and lethargic, this unexpectedly blossomed into my best bout of training in a very long time. I got in a solid set of doubles during the week, did plenty of strides and drills, surprised myself with my track workout on Friday and capped off the weekend with a solid two hour run on my feet. I'm starting to actually feel confident in my fitness--both in where it's at right now and in its potential--and I'm coming into my first track season excited and eager to work hard.

The next few days are going to be pretty hectic with moving (didn't I just do this??) and preparing for classes to start, but I'm hoping to keep calm and still get in some quality efforts when I can. Big props to G-Unit, who will be driving all the way down to the ATL this week to scoop up my entire wardrobe and deliver me back to North Carolina. I predict that by May the two of us either love each other like R. Kelly loves "High School Musical" or can't stand to be in the same room. Feel free to start taking bets now.

0 comments: