Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Farewell Run With Jordan

AM: 3 miles
PM: 45 mins. ellip (incl. 10x2 min. on, 1 min. off and 5x1 min. on, 1 min. off)

For the third in the last four days, Jordan and I woke up pretty early this morning. He had a 9:20 flight to catch and we wanted to take a little jog first. Admittedly my foot wasn't 100%, but I was tired of watching him run without me every day, so I suited up and gave it a go. We stuck mostly to the grassy areas beside sidewalk and in the median in Myers Park, so for the most part this was a soft-surface run. The verdict: foot was okay, but not great. Sigh.

I intented to do an hour on elliptical in the afternoon, but school and life got in the way. Instead I maximized my time with yup, you guessed it, another "intense session." Double sigh.

On a related note, Jeff and I have agreed that it would be pretty pointless for me to run Penn Relays next week. I'm entered in the 10k but it's obvious that even if my foot felt better than expected, I still wouldn't run faster than I did at Stanford (which was the whole point of running at Penn). I've been looking forward to this meet all spring and am upset that I'm not running, but I know this is the smart decision. I'm still petitioning to tag along as the team manager/statistician/photographer, so we'll see how that pans out.

0 comments: