Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beauty School 101

AM: 44 mins.
6 miles
PM: 30 mins. ellip.

I started off the morning right with a run at McAlpine with Tanya. I haven't been there since Jordan was here, and the park has really blossomed since then. It's greener than I've ever seen and the wildlife is out and about--we even saw three baby duckies, probably the same ones Jordan and I first saw a few weeks ago, congregating by the pond. In keeping with the trend, I felt slightly better today than yesterday, and my goal is to feel "normal" again by the end of the week.

This evening I took my life into my own hands and asked Chandler to highlight and cut my hair. She has never done either of these things before but, to be fair, she styles a mean French braid. I've never had either of these services performed outside the comfort of a professional (read: expensive) salon, but in case I haven't mentioned it before I'm now a starving student and have no cash to waste on such frivolities. Thus, it was just Chandler and me and Clairol leading the charge tonight. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous, but to our pleasant surprise my hair didn't catch on fire and I don't have a buzz cut and no one was injured. All in all I'd call the experiment a rousing success.

0 comments: