Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"But...It's Only Tuesday."

AM: 50 mins. ellip
PM: 45 mins. ellip (incl. 20x1 min on/1 min off)

The good news about spending so much time in the fitness center is that I get to catch up on television shows I never knew I was missing out on to begin with. For example, yesterday morning I kept occupied with "Saved By the Bell" and "Full House." That Uncle Jesse is soooo dreamy. Today was "The West Wing" (a great episode, the one where President Bartlett reveals he has MS), and this afternoon was the MTV docu-drama "Fat Camp." That one certainly boosted my self-esteem.

It's funny how non-runners' perspectives differ so greatly from runners'. Last night I ate dinner in the dining hall with a few friends, and as we were walking to class together I mentioned to one of them that I'd messed up my foot and hadn't run since Thursday. She paused, looked at me, and replied, "But...it's only Tuesday." I could've explained to her that runner time passes differently than normal person time, but there's no point in fighting that losing battle.

And, on that note, I think I might go for a jog tomorow.

0 comments: