Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8 Minutes of Glory

AM: 15 mins. core
35 mins. pool
8 min. run (1 mile)
PM: 55 mins. ellip (incl. 10x1 min. on, 1 min. off; 10x2 min. on, 1 min.off)

Today after morning practice I decided to take a spin down Selwyn and give the bum foot a test. I was a bit apprehensive at first and was obviously hyper-sensitive to any sort of discomfort I might feel. The great news is my foot didn't hurt at all! I consciously tried to maintain a normal stride, and honestly didn't feel any pain or discomfort. It might be a different story when I try to get up on my toes and run fast, but for now I will definitely take this as an encouraging sign. After the run I was pretty pumped to hit the trails this afternoon, but Jeff wanted me to take one more day off just to be safe. The conversation went something like this:

Jeff: I want you to take one more day off just to be safe.
Me: No thank you.
Jeff: What would you tell Jordan to do?
Me: Yeah, but what would Jordan actually do?
Jeff: And how does that usually work out for him?

Point taken. One more afternoon on the elliptical, coming right up.

0 comments: