Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back on My Feet. Literally.

45 mins. ellip
31 mins. running (4 miles)

I woke up this morning unusually chipper, no doubt because I was eager to test out my foot again. I already knew I wasn't going to permit myself to run very far, so I decided to hit up the fitness center for a half hour or so on the elliptical. Much to my shocked amazement, Jeffrey rolled in at almost the exact same time with the intention to start his quest toward some semblance of fitness. Chatting with him during our respective workouts made the time fly, so much so that when I saw I had reached 30 minutes I decided to go for 15 more. I know, I know, I'm such an overachiever.

After a few minutes of stretching post-elliptical, I swapped my sweaty shirt for a fresh one and hit the roads for my run. Actually, to be more accurate, I hit the median on Queens Road. It's about 20 feet wide and grassy, so for the sake of my foot I thought it would be best to spend most of my time there. Whether it was the gorgeous weather, the elation of running pain-f
ree or a combination of the two, but I didn't want this jog to come to an end. It took much self-restraint to pull on the reigns at half an hour, but I'm glad I did. My foot felt fine the rest of the day and I'm in a great mood to boot.


This is the best picture I could find that illustrates the size of the
median on Queens Road.

1 comments:

Mad said...

looks like we are both sorta-kinda-maybe on the mend? and both still eating PB&J? :P