Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wrapping it Up

Friday: 45 mins.
6 miles
Saturday: day off

From what I can remember (as I'm posting this almost seven days later), I did the Friday run solo in the dark along the Mt. Vernon bike path before the expo. Friday was one of our longest days of work, which meant we had to be in the lobby ready to walk to the metro at 8am and weren't released from duty until almost 8pm. That said, the highlight of the day was definitely Jilane, Owen, Jordan and Aja coming to pick me up afterward for a dinner out with friends. It's great to have the band back together!

On Saturday I simply had no choice but to take the day off. Jordan and I didn't get back to Crystal City from Friday night's dinner until well past midnight, and I had to be in the lobby and ready to depart for the day by 7:30am on Saturday. I half-heartedly set my alarm for 6am but it just wasn't meant to be. After 12+ hours at the expo, all I wanted to do was eat some dinner and relax with my friends.

0 comments: