Monday, October 20, 2008

Early Bird Run

AM: 58 mins.
~8 miles
15 mins. core/stretching
PM: 30 mins
4+ miles

So apparently Jilane has a real job that necessitates getting up early to go running. Lame. At any rate, we both fairly leapt out of bed when the alarm went off this morning and bounded out the door, eager to tear up the streets of DC (read: we groggily slapped the alarm a few times before dragging our butts out of bed, bundling up into more clothes than I've worn in a year, and stumbling down the hallway). It was freezing cold outside (and I'm almost being literal here), and Jilane and I could see our breath as soon as we stepped outside. I'm definitely not in Georgia anymore.

Whether it was the darkness or the extreme cold or just our general lethargy/apathy toward running right now, this run seemed to pass in slow motion. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the bonding time and quality conversation with Jilane, but it felt like we were out there for hours.

After spending literally the entire day sequestered in Jilane's apartment under the pretense of finishing (read: starting) my presentation for work, I was unusually eager to lace 'em up and head out for my second run. Unfortunately, since I needed to be at our hotel for a Brooks dinner at a specific time, I couldn't wait for Jilane to get home before starting my jaunt. We passed and high-fived in the hallway--I was headed back to hit the showers and she was venturing out for her own double. I could definitely get used to this whole "Team MJ being together" business.

0 comments: