Monday, October 13, 2008

I Heart Mondays

AM: 90 mins.
~12.5-13 miles
PM: 30 min. walk

So today I was technically scheduled for 16, but I had a pretty solid hunch that wasn't going to come to fruition. My legs are experiencing some residual soreness from the 6x2, and yesterday's massage left me feeling pretty banged up as well. I headed to the river with hopes of at least getting in a solid 90 minutes, but beyond that I didn't expect much.

Since Meredith had a planned day off, it was just Jim and myself today. Pretty much from the outset I could tell we were banging out a decent pace, and when we hit Columns Drive at 1.5 miles we settled in to about 6:55-7 min. pace for the next five. From there we hit the dirt again, took a brief detour uphill through the wooded trails (which slowed the pace but definitely didn't diminish the effort), then finished up with another mile or so on the dirt path. I dropped him off at the Cochran Shoals parking lot just after 9.5 miles and decided to do another 5k dirt loop before calling it a day. By this point my legs were pretty fatigued, but I timed the final mile just for kicks and was surprised to see the split just over 6:40. I jogged around in the parking lot for a few minutes to finish things up. While I didn't meet the distance requirement for this run, I'm pretty sure I ran at least 8-9 miles of it at or below 7 min. pace, so I'm pleased with the effort.

0 comments: