Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Heart Expos

46 mins.
6+ miles
~15 mins. core/stretching

I did a solo run on the bike path this morning, turning right at the fork instead of left for a change of scenery. I made it all the way down to the Washington Sailing Marina before turning around and heading home. It was a chilly 36 degrees at go time and a bit breezy, which is less than ideal, but overall the legs felt pretty fresh.

For the rest of the morning we had a semi-mandatory group sightseeing outing. It involved a lot of metro-ing and walking around to things I've seen before (Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, etc.) and a few things I hadn't seen (Holocaust Museum--one of the more intense experiences in recent memory). On the way to the expo around 1, we asked a gentleman near the metro if there was someplace good close by to grab a bite to eat. Next thing we knew, he was swiping us in with his badge at the US Department of Agriculture, where we enjoyed a tasty (if somewhat reminiscent of high school) lunch in their cafeteria.

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent expo-ing. We didn't get out of there until almost 8:30 and I just returned from dinner a few minutes past 10. The only silver lining is that Carson, in an uncharacteristic display of foresight and consideration, scheduled me to work the cash registers, which means when things are slow I can sit down. I hope this helps me out come Sunday.

Okay, time for bed. Can't wait to get up and do it again for 12 hours tomorrow. At least I'll get to see a few of my favorites...

0 comments: