Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week in Review

100 miles
2 nights in the Courtyard Marriott
1 bag of Sour Patch Kids
105 minutes waiting in line for gas

To echo what Jilane said in her weekly summary, Team MJ is in a very good place right now. Jilane dominated her "race simulation" (going so far as to win the actual race), and I logged my first EVER 100-mile week. It was somewhat accidental, as I ended up doing last week's long run on Monday and therefore logged two 18-milers, but nonetheless I'll take it. Throw in a solid workout on Wednesday and a lackluster workout on Saturday, and you have pretty much all that one could expect at this stage in the training cycle.

Going forward, there are still two weeks of significant training yet to complete, which I'm facing with a mixture of determination and downright exhaustion. I would be lying if I said I wasn't proud of notching 100 miles this week, but I'd also be lying to say I'm not absolutely drained. The prospect of completing my own race simulation this weekend doesn't exactly thrill me, but I'll have Jordan along for the ride, which should make things more pleasant. I also hope to get back to some softer surfaces this week in hopes of preserving the legs. At this point I need to do anything I can to keep myself healthy and injury-free going into the home stretch.

I leave for DC in exactly three weeks. That's 21 days until Team MJ is reunited and all is right with the world.

0 comments: