Monday, September 29, 2008

I Blame Ozzie

AM: 74 mins.
10 miles
PM: 30 mins.
4 miles

I met Meredith and Jim for an early run at the river. Meredith was starting her new job today (!!) and wanted to make sure she had plenty of time to get ready, so it was still quite dark when I reached the Cochran Shoals parking lot. As a result, we did a full flat loop before venturing up into the more technical trails, but once we got up there I realized how much I'd missed them the past few weeks. The run went by almost too quickly and my legs felt bouncy despite last week's high mileage, which was a pleasant surprise.

Around 3pm I got a call from Jordan, who let me know that Ozzie My
ers was going to be rolling through Atlanta in his Nike van this evening. I gave him a buzz and offered him my luxurious futon as sleeping accomodations, which he gratefully accepted. I also discovered he'd never been to the dirty south before, so I was excited to show him all the places where the cool kids hang out. I was also hoping to convince him to pace my planned workout for Tuesday (perhaps charging that as my fee for the accomodations?) and was pretty much just all-around thrilled to have someone to hang out with. Especially someone who drives a vehicle even more ostentatious than mine. (Jordan: "Who's driving to dinner? Ritz or Sell?")



To sum up the evening, we had a grand time. So grand that I'm typing this at 9:30am on Tuesday having just woken up and already decided to push the workout to tomorrow. If and when Ozzie ever stirs from the futon I will drag him out for at least ten miles and call it a day.

0 comments: