Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Early Morning on the AO

AM: 23 min. w/u (3 miles)
Target: 5xmile w/3:00 rest faster than Sept. 2
Revised Target: 5xmile w/3:00 rest @6:00
Actual: 6:04, 5:54, 5:55, 5:54, 5:56
20 min. c/d (2.5 miles)
Total: 12 miles
PM: 30 min. walk

I had to get this one done early, so dawn was barely breaking as I strapped on the T5's and started my jog down to the AO. The morning was cool, and I warmed up in long sleeves for the second time in a week. As I hit the Oval at the end of my warmup, I decided to launch into the first interval literally without breaking stride. Apparently this confused my cold, sleepy legs, because they pretty much refused to turn over on the first interval. Luckily I got into a rhythm on the second and stayed locked in the entire time.

So my instructions were to hammer the second half of the fourth interval. Sadly, the effort increased but the pace did not. It was kind of strange, actually. I felt reasonably comfortable throughout the entire workout, but just couldn't crank it into the next gear when I was supposed to. While this was marginally disappointing, I did show solid improvement from this identical workout three weeks ago, which gives me solace. Also, I would not be opposed to weather like today's during the marathon. Someone get to work on that for me.

0 comments: