Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week in Review

91-92 miles
1 lost toenail
1 jar of pickles

Another week of 90+ miles and I'm happy to report that I'm still in one piece. I had a solid workout on Tuesday, a horrible workout Friday and a long run that was somewhere in between, so overall I'd deem this a respectable week. September is now halfway over, and I'm going to try to hold on for a few more weeks before going on vacay and starting my taper. I'm headed to Oklahoma for a long weekend starting on Thursday, and my primary goal is to actually run while there and not allow Jordan to be as bad of an influence as last time.

Unrelated but of note, my sustained high mileage has resulted in some, um, curious food cravings/fixations as of late. I've been on an apple juice kick basically all summer and have come to look forward to a juice box at the end of all my longer runs, but that's not too unusual. However, over the past week or so my waking moments have largely been consumed by thoughts of pickles. Dill pickles, to be specific. This is odd because I'm not a big pickle fan in general (and loathe cucumbers, from which pickles derive), but I've already powered through an entire jar of them this week. A guy at one of my accounts also just turned me on to Wickles, and I'm on pace to blow through a jar of those within the next few days as well. My reasoning is that pickles are pretty high in sodium and that's why I'm obsessed with them but still, how bizarre. Perhaps this will end up being my secret weapon at mile 20 of the marathon.

0 comments: