Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials

AM: 20 min. w/u (2.5 miles)
Target: 5x1 mile w/3:00 rest @6:10 (hammer the second half of the 4th one)
Actual: 6:10, 6:08, 6:08, 6:03, 6:05
20 min. c/d (2.5 miles)
Total: ~11 miles
PM: 30 min. walk

After feeling so bleh yesterday, I wasn't too optimistic about today's workout. The pace didn't sound too difficult, but I expected the fourth and fifth intervals to be pretty tough. Also, while temperatures were in the low 70s, the humidity was ~83% at the start, which meant I was sweating profusely before I even made it down the street.

Nonetheless, I jumped onto the AO ready to tackle the workout. The first two intervals felt pretty easy, and the third was only marginally more difficult. I decided to pretend (read: try to convince myself) that the fourth interval was the last one, in order to attempt to drop the hammer on the second half...unfortunately the hammer didn't really fall too far. 6:03 on that interval was okay but nothing spectacular. I was more pleased with being able to come back in 6:05 on the final interval, and was also pleased that I kept the rest very honest throughout.

The wog home sucked. I'm going to enjoy taking the evening off.

0 comments: