Tuesday, September 16, 2008

At Least There Were No Cops

20 min. w/u (2.5 miles)
Target: 2x4 miles @6:40 pace w/800m jog
Actual: 3 miles @6:36, 6:35, 6:34; 5 miles @6:40, 6:35, 6:37, 6:36, 6:30
20 min. c/d (2.5 miles)
Total: ~13.5 miles

Today was the first day I can remember when the air felt--dare I say it--cool upon opening the door. 64 degrees to be exact, according to weather.com. So, while the humidity was still quite high, thankfully the weather was not a factor in today's workout.

Overall, I would describe the effort as decent though unremarkable. The first interval felt incredibly easy, almost like I was jogging. I had to switch things up due to an unforseen bathroom break, but I returned to the Active Oval confident that the second interval would be a piece of cake too. And...not so much. I felt sluggish and heavy from the start, finally settling in to a comfortable pace around the third mile and cruising in at the end. I was really hoping to hammer this one but the legs just didn't respond at the end. I do find solace in the fact that the AO runs ~5 secs/mile slow, so if you adjusted the splits accordingly it looks like a decent effort.

0 comments: