Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tour Guide for the Day

AM: 60 mins.
8 miles
PM: 30 min. walk



Storefronts along McLendon Ave. in Candler Park

I had a great run this morning with Jim and Meredith, who ventured down to my neck of the woods for a change. They recently relocated to Atlanta from Florida and have never been to my 'hood before, so I was excited to show them the wonderfulness that is Highlands/Inman Park/Candler Park. Our jaunt was equal parts bike path and residential streets, and they seemed to really enjoy seeing all the sights. The best part about living around here is that you don't feel as though you're in the heart of a huge metropolis, and I think they were both surprised at how quaint and welcoming the area feels. Naturally, no trip into town would be complete without an authentic Atlanta breakfast, so I took them on their inaugural visit to the Flying Biscuit. I'm pretty sure they're coming back next week for another round.

0 comments: