Thursday, July 30, 2009

Uptempo

68 mins. incl. 3 miles uptempo (6:21, 6:25, 6:13)
~9.5 miles

Just like the old days when we were training for the Boomtown Run half, Jordan and I doubled up for our respective uptempo efforts. As we've done previously, I ran a few miles solo before picking him up back at the house, then once he got warmed up after a few more miles we launched into my uptempo section. Overall I felt solid, good but not great, but much smoother and more relaxed than last week. A light rain fell during the first half of the run but petered out thereafter, leaving the air cool but fraught with humidity.

After dropping me off at Main Street Jordan continued to pick things up for the rest of his run. Does it bother me that he "jogged" his cooldown faster than my fastest mile? Okay, fine, just a little bit.

0 comments: