Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Against the Clock

3 mile w/u
3 miles barefoot + 4x100m barefoot strides
2.5 mile c/d (incl. 1 barefoot)
Total: 8.5 miles

The time has come to bid Gary and Roger adieu, so we made plans to rendezvous for coffee at 8am prior to their departure. As a result, Jordan and I were up and out the door by 6:30 for his relatively brief 300m workout. The temperature wasn't too bad but the air was heavy and sticky--not ideal for a workout, but certainly could be worse.

I followed my now-familiar routine of warming up with him, then shedding the shoes and hitting the turf for the remainder of the run. As always, it felt absolutely fantastic, and had we not been already running a few minutes late to meet the fam I would've been perfectly content to continue my counter-clockwise revolutions. I think he plans to revisit the track for a tempo run on Friday so perhaps I can indulge myself then.

0 comments: