Friday, July 3, 2009

Pre-Holiday Double

AM: 52 mins.
7 miles
PM: 4 miles

Rumor has it that Jordan and Scotty are suiting up for a race tomorrow, so we took the run nice and easy today in preparation. Despite the relaxed pace, I felt like poopy, enough so to call the run short about a mile before the boys did. There's nothing specifically wrong, just heavy legs.

In an unprecedented role reversal, I worked until 7 today while Jordan was off early, but he met he at the shop just before closing time so we could put in a few easy miles around Brookhaven. I felt better on this run to be sure, but I was also quite hungry and eager to finish up so we could enjoy a post-race meal of burgers and fries at Louie's. My finely tuned system runs at its optimal state when fueled by a combination of protein, carbohydrates, fat and sodium.

0 comments: