Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week in Review

78-79 miles
2 runs with my dad
5 meals at actual restaurants
0 airports!!

This was a thoroughly enjoyable week, both from a training standpoint and a social standpoint. I was quite pleased with my shape cutting on Tuesday, and glad to see my mileage hovering at 80 miles despite omitting a long run. As I look ahead to next week, it is both exciting and overwhelmingly terrifying that I race at Stanford in exactly five days. Eeek. Nothing much I can do between now and then except make sure I take care of the little things like rest and nutrition. The money is already in the metaphorical bank at this point.

Also, it was wonderful having my parents in town this week. I enjoyed showing them around town (and, in many instances, discovering places I hadn't yet explored) and spending time together. Also, for the record, my dad would like my loyal readers to know that while we didn't have time to go grocery shopping together, they did slip me some spending cash expressly for that purpose. Everybody wins.

0 comments: