Sunday, March 8, 2009

Travel Day

AM: 4 miles
PM: 47 mins
6+ miles

Despite all expectations to the contrary (including but certainly not limited to the whole "springing forward" situation with the clocks), Jilane and I were awake and chipper with plenty of time to squeeze in a short run before shipping me off to Oklahoma. We did a fairly standard out-and-back along Connecticut, across the bridge and over to Dupont Circle before flipping the script and bringing it back home.

After a few hours of cross-country travel (which, incidentally, is starting to become a fairly routine part of my average weekend), I was picked up at the OKC airport by Jordan and Scotty D. It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon, sunny and surprisingly wind-free, and all three of us were eager to put in a few miles before dark. We jogged from Jordan's apartment over to the GT (Jilane, I know you're jealous) and met Dwight, a customer from the store who is in town for work for a few weeks. I lost count of how many laps the four of us did around the outer loop, but at any rate it was enough to bring us to almost 40 minutes as we began the run home. Overall the pace was relaxed and it felt good to stretch out my legs after a long day of traveling. Jordan's achilles is feeling almost back to normal, and I'm pretty excited about getting in some good runs with him during my visit this week.

1 comments:

Jilane said...

Dude... I never thought I actually would be jealous of a spin on the fields of Oklahoma, but yup. There it is. How is the good ol' GT holding up?