Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 Days Later

AM: 45 mins.
6 miles
PM: 4 miles

I woke up before sunrise this morning to bang out an easy run before departing for the airport. I was actually supposed to fly out last night, but after checking my flight status online I learned it was already 2+ hours delayed, which meant I might not make my connection and definitely would not arrive home prior to 2am. I put in a quick call to AirTran and they were surprisingly accomodating with switching me to a morning flight sans fee. So I happily enjoyed a short-sleeve run this m
orning while watching the sun come up over the Jacksonville Riverwalk as opposed to shivering through what promised to be a cold, rainy slog in Charlotte. I also had the opportunity to attend the post-race party at the race director's house last night, which was revelry and merriment for all involved. Overall I feel good about my impromptu decision to stay another night.


"River Runner" statue on the Jacksonville Riverwalk

The rest of my day was largely spent traveling, which is always a grand waste of time. Basically my two flights comprising a total of three hours were broken up by a four hour layover in Atlanta. By fortunate coincidence, Jeff and Tanya and Mike were also laying over for approximately the same amount of time en route from Nationals in Houston, so I was able to spend most of the afternoon hanging out with them at B28. Mike was flying high (and hungover) after celebrating his first national championship win in the 5k, while Tanya was a bit disappointed about her own 5k race. She's been struggling with plantar fascitis and basically hasn't been running the past three weeks, but by all accounts she ran a super tough race and couldn't have done anything more. I'm proud of both of them and excited to see what the outdoor season brings.

Not much to report on my evening run, except that I picked up the pace a bit more than expected. I guess it's good that my legs are feeling decent, with just a few twinges in the hamstring, so hopefully next week I can get back on plan without skipping too many beats.

0 comments: