Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week in Review

74-75 miles
7 airports (BWI, MEM, OKC, IAH, JAX, ATL, CLT)
4 destinations (DC, OKC, JAX, CLT)
7 runs with Jordan
5 pancakes eaten with a spoon

Okay seriously, this week feels like it started a month ago. I can barely recall Blake dropping Jeff and me off at the Charlotte airport to pick up a rental car last Friday...surely that was in February sometime. Good grief. My prison cell never looked so welcoming as it did when I finally arrived home just past 5pm today. And, guess what, I will be at home for 10 WHOLE DAYS before traveling again! Woohoo! I'm also excited because my parents are coming to visit later this week, so that should be a good time and an opportunity to score some free groceries (hint hint; I know you're reading this, Dad).

Now, reflecting on the past week, obviously it was a mixed bag in terms of running. My mileage wasn't as high as it needs to be, and obviously I bombed the US 15k race, but I also had a really solid workout on Tuesday and some quality doubles. Also, if you look at the accumulation of the past 2-3 weeks, I've strung together quite a few solid workouts and long runs in a row. The fact that I've been able to enjoy these runs in the company of some of my favorite people in destinations all over the lower 48 is a pretty sweet bonus.

Going forward, my goal is to really lock down this hamstring issue and put together another solid week of training. Some members of our team will be opening up at the UNCC meet this weekend, but I won't hit the track until Stanford. I hope to put it some quality efforts this week and further sharpen my fitness before my first track race.

0 comments: