Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week in Review

80 miles
25 400s
5 dining hall meals
3 rainy days
1 midterm exam

Even though this morning's long run didn't materialize, I still concluded the week with positive feelings about what I've accomplished. Tuesday's workout was definitely the highlight (while Friday's could arguably be considered the lowlight), and it was great to bump my mileage up to a respectable amount while still maintaining all the "extras" like massage, pool, core, etc. If I can string together another couple of weeks like this, I should perform well in my 10k outdoor debut at the first Stanford meet.

Also, can I please say that I'm pretty freaking excited about the next few weeks from a non-running standpoint as well. My BFF Blake flies in tomorrow (Boston blizzard permitting) and will be in town for the whole week, which should make for some great wholesome family fun. Then on Friday, Jeffrey and I will make the trek to DC (didn't we just do this?) to celebrate a birthday extravaganza with my besties Brooke and Jilane, as well as a solid supporting cast including but not limited to Owen, Richie Rich, JPDC, KP, B. Stern and others. I cannot WAIT to see these crazy kids and, more importantly, to snuggle up in a J-M-B sandwich. Then on Sunday night I'm leaving on a jet plane for everyone's favorite spring break destination (Oklahoma, obviously) to spend the week with a lucky gentleman friend. Honestly, this is almost too much excitement for me to handle. I think I need a nap.

0 comments: