Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Like An Alarm Clock

46 mins.
6 miles

So picking up where we left off, my throbbing legs gave me a rather rude awakening circa 5:30 this morning. Awesome. Since I was unable to go back to sleep, I occupied my time by blogging, talking to Jordan, walking to the drug store to procure some ibuprofen, and watching the news on KRON 4 (home of the now-famous "Whistles Go Woooo!" news story that I suggest you watch immediately if you've never had the privilege before).

Around 8:30, Mike and I piled into the rental with Scott and headed out to some trail by the bay that Scott knew about. It was actually just past the Google corporate campus and several other Silicon Valley companies in Mountain View. The morning was warm and a touch humid, especially near the marshy area where we were running, but it felt good to loosen up the legs and put in a few easy miles. The view certainly didn't hurt either; after seeing the bay on one side and mountains on the other, I was having a hard time remembering exactly why I lived in North Carolina instead of here.


View of the bay at sunrise from the trails in Mountain View

The rest of the day was spent traveling, which is always exhausting, but by 11pm I was asleep in my own (twin extra-long prison issue) bed. Time to rest up and hopefully make up for last night's fitful sleep.

0 comments: